There is a direct train from Rome Tiburtina to Fara Sabina, train’s final destination on the timetable is Fara Sabina or Orte ( timetable )
- Once in Fara Sabina we can pick you up for a fee ( see fares )
( top )
- We do not recommend to accept car lifts from private taxi firms at the airport unless suggested from a trusted local contact.
- Public taxis are white, and can take you for a fixed fare into central Rome.
- We can pick you up at airport Arrivals for a fee ( see fares )
- Car rentals are available at main train stations in Rome, and international airports of Fiumicino and Ciampino.
A. Arriving at Fiumicino ( FCO ) International Airport
- Rent a car (see below for indications) or
- Take a direct train from the airport to Fara Sabina (see details above).
- Or we can pick you up at airport Arrivals for a fee ( see fares )
B. Arriving at Ciampino ( CIA ) International Airport
- Take the bus shuttle to the main station in Rome, Stazione Termini ( timetable )
- Take the Metro B subway (“Rebibbia” direction) for 4 stops to Stazione Tiburtina
- Catch the train to Fara Sabina (see details above)
( top )
Point your navigator to Mompeo (Ri) town, and use the SP46 route access to enter the main road in to the town of Mompeo: it sits on a hilltop. After a few a few hundred meters on the main road turn left on “Strada delle Mole” and reach the end. Plenty of sign posts there.
From Rome, you should take the Via Salaria/SS46 and drive towards Rieti for 35km. To avoid traffic you can use the highway A1 (main highway artery connecting North and South of Italy): exit at Fiano Romano towards Rieti and on to the Via Salaria/SS4. At the 35.800km milestone, turn left on the SR313 at the traffic light, towards Passo Corese and follow the signs that point to Mompeo for about 23km, through the route that goes to Abbazia di Farfa (Farfa Abbey). You will be led on to the SP46 route access to enter the main road in to the town of Mompeo: it sits on a hilltop. After a few a few hundred meters on the main road turn left on “Strada delle Mole” and reach the end. Plenty of sign posts there for “Agriturismo Le Mole sul Farfa”.
( top )
By private taxi
- We can pick you up in central Rome for a fee – note: we can arrange trips to the city for you, let’s discuss logistics once you get here! ( see fares ).
Pricing varies based on the season. Please contact us for further information.
- Fiumicino-Leonardo da Vinci (FCO) international airport;
- Ciampino (CIA) international airport;
- “Fara Sabina” train station;
- “Stazione Termini” central station in Rome;
Car tours in Central Rome can be arranged once you arrive. Pickup and delivery points locally can be arranged for daily walks in the area, for a small charge, contact us for further details
( top )